Well first off let me go ahead and say the oppurtunity that I had to go to visit the writing center it was closed. I moved around the library to a couple different places. First, I started on the first floor lobby but it was too distracting. People were talking and coming and the door, the people that came in that I knew would stop and talk. Then I moved up to the second floor, where I planned to visit the writing center, but it was closed. I sat across to the other side of the room where the computer was. It was really quite. No one was up there at all, which may have been becaused the writing center was closed. Then I moved up to the third floor, to the little desks in the video section, down beside the maniquin. It was really quite and comfortable. It was the best I decided for me, compared to other places on campus. Like, for instance, the Day Student Lounge, I can plan to work when I get there, but when I do everyone is talking and laughing and carrying on, and then I start talking and before I know it, it is time to go to class already. Although the library is a really good place to study, it just is not the best place for me. The best place that I can study is a home, in my room, alone, in complete silence. When I do this to study I can concentrate so much better. It may just because the quietness and being alone makes me bored to the fact of doing nothing that when I am studying it feels more like I am doing it to just be doing something than like I am doing it because I have to, which makes it a lot easier and more fun also.
Monday, September 15, 2008
The Library rocks!
Well first off let me go ahead and say the oppurtunity that I had to go to visit the writing center it was closed. I moved around the library to a couple different places. First, I started on the first floor lobby but it was too distracting. People were talking and coming and the door, the people that came in that I knew would stop and talk. Then I moved up to the second floor, where I planned to visit the writing center, but it was closed. I sat across to the other side of the room where the computer was. It was really quite. No one was up there at all, which may have been becaused the writing center was closed. Then I moved up to the third floor, to the little desks in the video section, down beside the maniquin. It was really quite and comfortable. It was the best I decided for me, compared to other places on campus. Like, for instance, the Day Student Lounge, I can plan to work when I get there, but when I do everyone is talking and laughing and carrying on, and then I start talking and before I know it, it is time to go to class already. Although the library is a really good place to study, it just is not the best place for me. The best place that I can study is a home, in my room, alone, in complete silence. When I do this to study I can concentrate so much better. It may just because the quietness and being alone makes me bored to the fact of doing nothing that when I am studying it feels more like I am doing it to just be doing something than like I am doing it because I have to, which makes it a lot easier and more fun also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment