Thursday, September 11, 2008

Honesty is the Best Policy

Being completely honest for 24 hours was very interesting to me. I learned that I am kind of already a honest person. I responded to most things the way I normally would. One of the challenges of being completely honest was the part were you could not tell little white lies to prevent hurting someones feelings, such as telling them their painting or drawing was pretty when you could not even tell what it was. Or telling someone that their outfit is cute even though you think they look hideous. Most of the time if I am really close to someone, unless it is a small kid, I would really tell them what I thought. If I really do not know someone I do not want to be mean and of course if the person is a little kid, you do not need to be negative, you need to encourage them and not hurt their feelings. I think being completely honest and academic integrity is really important in college. If you need help or you do not understand something then you need to be honest and ask questions, do not just pretend that you know what you are doing if you do not. To be complete engaged in your academics you definitely need to be absolutely honest with your professors and classmates. I do not think little white lies such as telling your friend they look good if they look exhausted to make them feel better is wrong. If they look really bad however, you should check on them. Make sure that nothing is terribly wrong and make sure that they are okay. So, lets make goals to being completely honest this year, especially in our classes and to our professors.

1 comment:

Witney said...

Asking questions is key. Love the pictures you have posted.